Tuesday, January 31, 2017

MONTHLY CLIENT SPOTLIGHT

SPOTLIGHT ON……  Dale Huyvaert!

February 2017!!


My name is Dale Huyvaert and I have been a member of the Valparaiso community since 1989. 

I had the good fortune of meeting Ian a few years ago while he was training a small group of employees at Pines Village Retirement Community.  At the time, I did not view it as good fortune since I was not looking to start working out with a trainer.  I was just filling in one night when the group was short participants.  Showing up for that session has ended up being an excellent decision for my overall health.
Throughout my life, I had always been actively involved in sports and worked out by myself at home.  I assumed I was in good shape.  The first workout with Ian showed me that I was sadly mistaken.  The pain in my legs the next few days after that session at Pines Village was clearly a wake-up call.  I was nowhere near being in good shape, especially in my lower body.  My workout routine at home was just that, routine. 

I have been working out with Ian two times per week for the past few years and just signed up for three workouts per week under Pump’s new program.  The variety that Ian puts into each of his workouts and the small group format have been just what I need.  Plus, I have had the chance to meet a lot of very nice people at Pump’s and it is fun to watch them achieve goals and milestones (and share my pain J). 
I turned 50 in 2016 and feel like I am in the best overall shape that I have been in my life thanks to Ian, but I still have a lot of room to improve.  While I may be able to do a mean thirty seconds on the ropes, a round of heels to the heaven or a pike push-up is still a humbling experience.  That is ok.  With Ian’s help, I will continue to get a little stronger with each workout.

That is my story for now.  I look forward to working out with many of you in the future and hearing those words we all love to hear at the end of a good workout, DONE and DONE! 

Thanks Ian.               

No comments:

Post a Comment