Monday, July 3, 2017

July Client Spotlight

SPOTLIGHT ON……  Sandi Haggerty!

July 2017!!


 .5 mph…..How do I get off the treadmill?…..This was my first day  a couple of years ago in May at Pumps after Physical Therapy and my meniscus repair surgery.  That step off the treadmill seemed so high. I would actually stop at the end and think about which foot I would put down first.  Balance was a problem in completing that task. I had finished physical therapy and my therapist didn’t think I was still strong enough.  She had me call Ian and the rest is history. In 30 minute sessions, we worked on walking straight, balance, stamina, and building muscle. I was doing pushups on the wall and increasing my time on the treadmill In October, I was able to handle 60 minutes twice a week in the gym.  I wasn’t sure if I could make it through those 60 minutes all at once. But Ian had confidence that I could, and that confidence transferred to me.  Ian makes sure you will be successful.  He tailors the plan to fit each person‘s abilities.  I don’t know what I’d be doing now if I hadn’t been introduced to Pumps.  As fearful as I was when I started, Pumps became a must on my calendar.

Now, I walk the treadmill at 3 mph and have no qualms about how I’m going to get back down to the floor. I can do pushups and planks, TRX and those dreaded heavy weights.  It’s been a long time but the progress astounds me every time I think about what I was doing when I first began.
And one of the best things about working out at Pumps is the weight that comes off.  It’s fun to go shopping and buy smaller sizes.  People notice the pounds that are lost and compliment you on your effort.
I’m so glad my physical therapist recognized that I was not done and sent me to Pumps.


I plan on being here forever….into my 70s, 80s, and beyond!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment