Sunday, May 1, 2016

Client Spotlight!!

SPOTLIGHT ON……  Ashley Wells!

May 2016!!


My name is Ashley Wells and I’m 25 years old. I moved to Valparaiso almost a year ago from Wisconsin to start a new job and be with my soon-to-be husband Bryan. I have always been an active individual until the weight of my college courses got the best of me. I struggled with stress and anxiety and started to look down on how I looked. To remain active I have joined gyms like Anytime Fitness and did the occasional yoga classes in college but trying to obtain a nursing degree at the time can make it hard to be motivated for anything else.

A couple months after moving Valparaiso a co-worker referred me to PUMPS where I soon met Ian. I told him it wasn’t a matter of me not being able to do it by myself to lose weight or workout in general but to continue to be motivated and stay committed. I wanted to workout right and focus on being healthy. As a nurse working all kinds of hours and for 16+ at a time it can be hard to maintain a well-balanced diet let alone a workout schedule.

Beginning to train with Ian was tough. I didn’t know what to expect and knew I would be pushed to all kinds of limits. I have never lifted weights and cardio is my worst enemy but the small results I see are worth it. I still get frustrated not seeing the results right away but it takes time and the slow changes are happening. I have only been with PUMPS for 8 months and I have been able to gain muscle, lose inches, and manage my stress. I still have a long way to go but I joined PUMPS to focus on my health and get me to a better and happier place.

I forget to treat my body well and I have set a goal to workout 3 times a week with Ian and will continue to do so to improve my overall health. I recently obtained my Masters so my stress levels were not helping to staying motivated but I never gave up and Ian would not let me. He has been a great support aside from my family and loved ones and I look forward to continuing to achieve my goals. I hope to transform myself physically and mentally by next year. My goal is to attend a Yoga or Pilates class at PUMPS and improve on workout routines so I am able to be committed on the days I am not working out with Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment