Monday, February 1, 2016

February Client Spotlight

SPOTLIGHT ON……  Anne Stasik!
FEBRUARY 2016


“If you don’t challenge yourself, you will never realize what you can become”

Hello, my name is Anne Stasik; I am twenty-five years old and work for Pratt Industries Midwest Recycling Division.

Growing up I was always active – but I didn’t always eat correctly (I’ll blame my sugar tooth).  While in college, the time that I had available to work out was at a bare minimum and I hadn’t changed my eating habits. Fast forward to my junior year I was unhappy and at my highest weight. I was embarrassed at the weight I had gained and with a little push from my mother, decided to make a change. I improved my eating habits and joined Curves, a gym that was centered on women.

After graduation, I moved back home and relocated to the Curves here in Valpo. After its closing I chose to become a member of the YMCA.  Although I love the variety, I never felt that I was getting the most out of my workouts and drifted towards taking classes such as Zumba fitness instead.

I met my wonderful Pumps trainer Kim through a close friend (Erin Underwood - you might remember her from last February’s spotlight) and she urged me to try a session. As I was already a member of the YMCA I was hesitant of joining another gym, however when I started to see the changes in Erin, and how happy she was with this location– I started to rethink my option of joining.

With various injuries in my past - Kim has helped me overcome them and I’m getting stronger every day.  Fast-forward almost a year later since I’ve joined Pumps and I’m less than ten pounds from my UGW.  I am thankful every day to have someone like Kim to motivate me and push me to be my very best. It is because of her and the team at Pumps that I am where I am on my fitness journey. This has been a lifestyle change and one that I’m not planning to give up any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment